Agile product development has gained tremendous popularity over the past few years. Its demand has increased due to its vast range of benefits in the current world of software. The reason isn’t surprising at all. It makes your work easier and at the same time, it skyrockets the quality and efficiency. This, in turn, reduces the time consumed and accelerates the delivery of the product.
Who wouldn’t wanna have all these benefits for their organization? Many companies now have started using agile methodology in their product development. While some organizations still prefer the waterfall method, it is strictly based on the kind of product you want to develop. In case you want to learn the difference between waterfall and agile, check out this article Agile vs Waterfall Methodology.
In case any of their employees aren’t very familiar with the agile methodology, many companies even train them.
Agile Product Development
BPK Tech being one of the fastest growing software development firms in the IT sector also uses an agile product development methodology. Agile product development defines the creation of products with agile processes and techniques. The whole development process is divided into multiple phases which makes it easier for product development.
Each phase is for a week or 2, and sometimes more. These development time periods are called sprints. During a sprint, the scrum team decides on a few things that they want to complete and then they finish them during the assigned time. Here, we are first going to talk about agile product development which includes both hardware and software products.
These can both be interrelated as hardware contains software and software are embedded in the hardware. Previously, agile was considered useful only for software but this has changed now and we see how agile technology has its uses in hardware development too.
The Main Focus of Agile Product Management
- Hardware product:Deliverables oriented towards developing specifications for a product that needs to manufacture.
- Software product:Deliverables oriented towards the building of the real product. Example: an online store.
- Hardware embedded with software:Embedded software can evolve within the bounds of a static hardware environment. Example: Cell phone, network equipment, and also analytical equipment for chemistry and biotech.
- Hardware with associated software:Associated software can evolve over multiple devices. Example: laboratory equipment added to locally hosted or web-based software control multiple devices.
This isn’t to say that agile is only used for these cases in and in software development only. Many industries and companies have started to integrate agile methodologies into various processes. It’s not just the IT sector now, but you will find it in the automotive industry, marketing campaigns, universities, and a few other sectors.
The reason for agile integration in other sectors is pretty simple. It makes every process easier, and less time taking, without compromising on the end product. Sometimes even improving the end result.
Product management is said to be an organizational function that tends to guide every step of a product’s life cycle starting from development to positioning and pricing. The focus is done on the product and its customers first. To build the best possible product, product managers need to advocate for customers within the organization and make sure that the voice of the client is heard and heeded.
Product management can be described as the intersection of business, user experience, and technology.
It helps teams to achieve business objectives by bridging the communication gap between designs, customers, and business.
Product management in UX has its focuses on user experience and represents the customer inside the organization.
This happens regularly in the engineering department. A thorough understanding of computers is necessary.
Why Agile Product Development is Needed?
We have seen that agile development allows for the prevention of time wastage and useless designs. The iterative nature of the philosophy creates an environment of constant progress and innovations. With that said, there are a vast number of benefits that are required in today’s world
- It tends to force engineering teams through the DMU cycle at a faster pace for smaller sections of the design.
- Along with the establishment of cross-functional teams, workloads can be managed entirely autonomously within each of the smaller tasks.
- Work can constantly be accomplished without a bigger meeting that would involve the whole engineering team.
- It induces active thinking and preventative action.
- In a typical design process, we create a blueprint of tasks that need to be accomplished and followed as much as possible. This “instruction-based” workflow might work well, but it encourages engineering technologies to work better.
- By utilizing iterative agile techniques, we can be deeply involved with the problem-solving structure throughout the creation process, perhaps even foreseeing possible issues.
- It creates an environment for innovative ideas.
- The goal of every engineer or engineering team is to progress a project through constant innovation, finally reaching the best possible deliverable product for the client that would help them work according to their requirements.
- Static waterfall processes can be said to be the best possible solution imaginable when the initial specifications and the workflow blueprint are imagined. Agile allows for constant change throughout the entire workflow of the creation of designs and creates a setting that would be effective for innovative growth.
Why Should You Avail Our Services?
BPK Tech gives you detailed knowledge regarding agile methodology before we start working on a project with you. Our agile product management team provides a clear view regarding the launch of the product and its management aspects. We let out clients decide on the deliverable and the features while we work on the time and keep the shareholders updated. This is done in many sprints.
In case, any feature or changes are missed in one sprint, we finish them in the next one. All this without comprising on the release date or quality of the final product.BPK Tech gives a platform to further explore agile skills and technology. Hence for any further details feel free to contact us and register.